Welcome to our H.E.Bourgoin Middle School community! Our middle school staff goes above and beyond for its people and we take great pride in our school's focus on character development, academics and community engagement. Our pillar words of Integrity, Respect, Empathy and Excellence guide us as we provide extraordinary programming for our students. Last year R.O.K. arrived at H.E.Bourgoin. This stands for Respect, Opportunities and Kindness as part of our positive behavior support plan for our middle schoolers as we guide them to be active, respectful citizens in our community. A cardboard cutout of Dwayne the Rock Johnson is with us every step of the way! We take pride in creating an environment for all stakeholders that is engaging and meaningful. We hope that this coming year, students, families and staff continue to feel welcomed and supported! We truly are an incredible team!
Last year we celebrated many accomplishments and found so much joy within our walls and in our community. From winning the Bonnyville Chamber of Commerce Chili Cook Off, to lifting up the fine arts in our building, to providing space in our learning commons for students to gather daily from 3:20-4:20, there are still so many more accomplishments not listed here! This is a beautiful reminder of the meaningful work H.E.Bourgoin staff does to serve our stakeholders.
Some of our plans for the coming school year include:
- Strengthening Numeracy and Literacy skills
- Continuing to improve student mental health and wellness
- Introducing R.O.K. Sports and Wellness where students will choose paths based on their interests in golf, hockey, swimming, softball and more
- Valuing restorative practices by fostering responsibility and decision making and how to resolve conflict with others
- Building character and moral intelligence in our students with an emphasis on empathy to start our school year
- Leading an outdoor spaces project with our incredible School Council to beautify our back playground area in our community
We believe all stakeholder's voices are valued! Please stop by or give us a call anytime to speak with us! We look forward to partnering with everyone in the 2022/2023 school year!